Saturday, May 16, 2015

Feels so good to make art!!


It's been a long time since I've made any art. Life has a way of happening and before I realize it, it's been months. Since my husband passed away so suddenly 9 months ago, my life changed, For a time I thought I would never make art again, as my heart was broken and my life was shattered. Slowly, the pieces have started to mend.  I am very gentle with myself these days.  The stress of life and loss had forced me to do so.

This is a commission piece. It felt so good to get back in the saddle and create again. I felt a bit of my old self today while making this. Boy did that feel nice! I wasn't sure I would ever feel like creating again.

I love this saying and isn't it true? It DOES take a long time to grow a friend.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It's wonderful to see you're making art again, eBeth! I love your style & art can be very therapeutic. One of my favorite stamps says "Art Saves Lives"...and I believe that's true. Thanks for visiting my blog, too...and hang in there.
xo
Debbie
===^..^===