Saturday, January 4, 2014

playing with new dies from Impression Obsession

I love detail. I mean, teenie, tiny detail. Not sure why. So I fell in love with the tiny Impression Obsession scene dies. Last night I was messing around with 3 new ones I recently purchased. I experimented using patterned paper and I love the results. Usually I use solid color card stock for die cuts. Change is a good thing!

 These dies are small- the taller deer stands 1-5/8".
 
 
 Tiny birds, but look how pretty with the patterns.
I love how the colors make the bird look more real.
 
 These are birch tree dies- using striped patterned paper.
I tried both horizontal and vertical cuts and the looks is so different!
I think these will be really nice on a card.
 
 more trees
 
 the lettering on the deer adds another layer of interest.
 
 ...and how cool are these?? I love the pale blue trees- they look like winter
to me- and the others scream Autumn.
 Again, using the striped paper for a very realistic look.
To me, these look like 'first snow in autumn'.
 
 the tree on the left is my usual die cut- solid color.
but do you see the dimension that is added when patterned paper is used?
love it!
 
I can't wait to make a card using these patterned paper die cuts!
It's all about the detail!
 
 


1 comment:

Elaine A said...

Great minds think alike Elizabeth! I bought these and a few other dies during Impression Obsession's annual sale at the end of November. Every year they put their entire website on sale, this year was 25% off . I have not played with them yet. Love what you have done with yours!

Elaine